Teen Internship Program
FROM A TEENAGER: "Being involved in Cross Wind Productions was one of the most profound experiences of my life."
FROM A PARENT: "Thank you for helping my daughter grow into a woman with confidence -- that she worked on something that could make a difference in someone else's life."
CROSS WIND PRODUCTIONS is a Houston-based Teen Film Program, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization providing a Christian faith-based, creative environment where young adults gifted in the performing arts learn the craft of film and television.
Young artists are mentored by industry professionals and given hands-on experience in every area of movie production from actor to gaffer to grip.
CROSS WIND PRODUCTIONS provides these instructional opportunities based on students’ demonstrated interest and talent in media and the performing arts. Student participants are expected to be dedicated, focused and mature.
CROSS WIND PRODUCTIONS is the producer of award-winning movies dealing with teen issues. The teen actors and film makers in the movies are part of CROSS WIND PRODUCTIONS’ teen film and video program, learning “hands-on” the process of film-making through educational workshops and the actual making of a movie.
CROSS WIND PRODUCTIONS holds audition interviews in September for High School Students, ages 14-18. You must live in Houston, TX or surrounding area to participate.
If interested, contact us at:
CROSS WIND PRODUCTIONS
PO Box 941708
Houston, TX 77094-8708
You must live in Houston, TX or surrounding area to participate in the program, and you must be a high school student between the ages of 14 to 18.
All teen interns will have a production assignment in addition to their acting assignment. Those who are only interested in production may have a limited acting assignment as an Extra.
All teen interns are expected to be dedicated, focused and mature.
The day, time and location of your Audition-Interview will be given to you when you make your appointment.
Bring to your Audition-Interview the following:
- A copy of your most recent report card with course grades and conduct grades.
- A “headshot” or close-up picture of yourself (head and shoulders).
- A one page resume listing training and experience.
- A copy of your birth certificate or official proof of age (driver’s license, passport, etc.).
- The following statement signed by your parent or guardian:
My child _____________________ has my permission to audition for CROSS WIND PRODUCTIONS, a Christian film ministry for teenagers. My child also has my permission to be filmed during his/her audition as part of the audition process to be used by the staff of CROSS WIND PRODUCTIONS for casting decisions only.
Signed _______________________________Date ________
Preparing for your Audition-Interview
Choose whether you want to audition for an Acting or a Production Emphasis Internship and prepare accordingly.
INTERNSHIP (Acting Emphasis)
- When you schedule your appointment you will be given 3 short monologues. Choose one of the monologues and come prepared to present it from memory as if it were your part in the movie being filmed that day.
- Also come prepared with a second monologue of your own choosing. A good choice would be a contrasting monologue to the mandatory one. Your second monologue should not be over one minute long.
INTERNSHIP (Production Emphasis)
- Come prepared with one monologue of your own choosing. Your monologue should not be over one minute long. Come prepared to present it from memory as if it were your part in the movie being filmed that day.
- Prepare a one-page written biography describing your skills, experience and demonstrated leadership ability that would relate to film production. Be prepared to read this at your audition-interview.